.

We are so focused on what we want that we miss what's in front of us.

Recently, I experienced a level of favour I didn't expect or deserve. I was so happy because it covered for something that had been troubling my mind for a while, but do you know the moment that was sorted, I didn't even take a break to appreciate it. I was already all over my head about the next big issue to fix.

It was today as I sat down that it dawned on me that, damnn, what an ungrateful bunch have I been. Not intentionally, but we are all moving at the speed of light that we forget to enjoy the small wins. Just a few days ago, I had no idea how I would deal with that situation, and the moment I passed it, it was like, unto the next.

"No congratulations Favour"

Just small "thank You, Jesus," and boom, we resume worrying about the next thing.

So how about we take a break?

How about we actually sit with the things that worked out? How about we allow ourselves to be amazed by the prayers that were answered, the doors that opened, the problems that somehow solved themselves, the people who showed up, and even the strength we somehow found when we thought we had none left?

Maybe not every victory needs to immediately become a stepping stone to the next problem. Maybe sometimes, we are allowed to just be grateful. To look back and say, "Wow, I really made it through that."

Because the truth is, there will always be another thing to fix. Another goal to chase. Another prayer to pray. Another mountain to climb. If we keep waiting for everything to be perfect before we allow ourselves to appreciate life, we may spend our entire lives moving from one worry to another without ever realizing how much has already worked out.

Today, I am choosing to pause.

Not because everything is perfect, but because something went right. Because there are things I once prayed desperately for that have quietly become my reality. Because yesterday's worry can become today's testimony, and I don't want to be so busy asking God for the next thing that I forget to thank Him for the last one.

Dearest reader, I hope you pause too. Take a moment to look around you and notice what is working, notice the little victories you almost rushed past, notice the prayers that have been answered, even if life still has unanswered ones. You don't have to have everything figured out to be grateful for something. Sometimes, before we ask, "What's next?" we should sit with what is now and simply say, "Thank You, Jesus, I made it here."




@favvy_Okwansđź–¤

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LESS THAN ONE.

TEAM WORK

"NOT ADMITTED"