..
I was having a conversation today. It was partly ragebait, I know. I was being ragebaited, and he was playing devil’s advocate.
It was about people who are hurting and end up bleeding on innocent people simply because they are hurting. He was of the opinion that it wasn't fair, but it happens. Life isn't fair, and how else is the hurting person supposed to pour out all that hurt and rage?
I was so pissed, ehn.
Because life is already hard, and when somebody refuses to grow up and heal, they can end up hurting good people who had absolutely nothing to do with what happened to them. Then those people get hurt, they carry that hurt somewhere else, and before you know it, we have the messy society we all complain about today.
There is absolutely no excuse for trauma dumping on a real human being.
Carry the heartbreak, carry the betrayal, carry the hurt or whatever it is you're going through to the gym. Put it into working on yourself, put it into making more money, put it into creating something, put it into something meaningful. And trust me, healing will find you along the way.
But this silly mentality of, "This was done to me, hence anybody who crosses my path will suffer for it too," is such a childish and unhealthy approach to pain.
And you know the crazy part?
You still won't feel better.
Hurting other people because you're hurt isn't going to heal your bleeding heart. It won't undo what happened to you, it won't make the person who hurt you pay. All it does is transfer your pain to someone who didn't cause it, and slowly turn you into the very thing you once resented.
Dearest reader, life already sucks. We should all be mature enough to take responsibility for our emotions. Nobody deserves to be bled on simply because somebody else hurt you.
People really need to learn how to heal, because in a world where everyone already has so much on their plate, the last thing we need is people creating more pain simply because they refuse to deal with their own.
I don't think it's just horrible, I think it's mean, it's unfair, and honestly, it's disgusting.
But well, that's my view.
What do you think?
Is being hurt ever a valid reason to hurt other people?
Comments