..

I have had one of those crazy days, the kind that leaves you pissed about something that happened hours ago. By the time I got home, all I wanted to do was watch Grey’s Anatomy and sleep. I was ready to be done with the day.

But well, today had other plans.

Turns out I hadn’t downloaded the next episode, and there was the usual network struggle. Somehow, in between trying to write my content and get the episode downloaded, Kingatha opened her old notepad from 2022 and 2023.

And suddenly, I wasn't so interested in Grey’s Anatomy anymore.

The first time I discovered writing was through her notebooks. Sometimes, we would write poems together, she could start something, leave it halfway, and I would pick it up from where she stopped. Other times, I would start and she would continue. It was our thing, like I could complete her sentences and she could complete mine, except our sentences came in verses.

So discovering that old notepad after all these years was beautiful.

We read poems that brought back so many memories, and the craziest part was that sometimes we couldn't even tell who wrote what. But we knew sha, somehow, we just knew.

For a little while, it felt like travelling down memory lane to a time when poetry was such a huge part of our lives. A time when we could sit down, scribble our thoughts into poems and not think too much about it. Not that poetry was all we cared about sha, but you get the gist.

Dearest reader, it is crazy how busy life gets that we sometimes forget the little things we once loved so deeply. If you had told me there would come a day when I wouldn't scribble a poem down, I would probably have laughed at you.

But life happens. We grow, we get busy and sometimes, without even realizing it, we leave little pieces of ourselves behind.

That is why I think it is beautiful to be reminded of the versions of ourselves that once existed. To stumble upon an old notebook, an old song, an old picture, or anything that takes you back to a time when you loved something simply because you loved it.

Today, those poems did that for me, they took a crappy day and made it feel a little softer.

So, what's that one thing for you? The one thing that can turn a crappy day into pure bliss? The one thing that makes you feel the way my poems made me feel today?

We should all have something like that.






@favvy_Okwansđź–¤.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LESS THAN ONE.

TEAM WORK

"NOT ADMITTED"