I Suppose Cry Today
“I suppose cry today, but I nuh get chance.”
Lol. This is funny until it is not.
You know that moment when you know you're supposed to be down? Like, all things being equal, you probably shouldn't be fine. You should be sitting somewhere, processing everything, maybe crying a little, maybe staring into space dramatically. But somehow, you've been so occupied that you haven't even had the time to properly process your feelings enough to be sad.
So you know you should be sad, but you're not there yet because you're busy.
I'll tell you, that's one of the silliest places to be.
It is like being stuck in this strange in between where you're not exactly okay, but you're also not falling apart. You're functioning, you're doing what needs to be done, you're laughing when something is funny, you're moving from one thing to another.
And somewhere in the back of your mind, there's this tiny voice saying, “By the way, we're supposed to be having a breakdown.”
But there is no time, so you keep running.
Dearest reader, and before you know it, you've been carrying something you haven't even had the chance to acknowledge properly.
I think that's the scary part about being highly functional while you're hurting. That's why sometimes we need to deliberately pause, not because the world will stop if we do, but because we deserve to know what is actually going on inside us.
Let yourself be there for a while.
@favvy_Okwans🖤
Comments