HOME

There's this thing my coach would always say. He'd be like, "Always come back home when you are trapped." And honestly, there's something so soothing about that.

It's giving, if all you can do is crawl, crawl back to your source, and it'll all be fine.

There's something priceless about knowing that no matter where I go, no matter how far I wander, I can always come back. If I'm stuck, I can always reach out my hand, if I've lost my way, I know there's somewhere I can return to.

I think one season when my coach demonstrated this the most was the season he cut me off several times because I refused to grow. And each time, somehow, I'd come crawling back, not because I deserved another chance, but because I knew that home was still home. And he'd be there, arms open, ready to receive me again.

It taught me something about falling. Maybe the point isn't to never fall, maybe the point is to know where to go when you do.

When you hit rock bottom, what do you do? Do you sit there and wallow in it, convincing yourself that you've gone too far, or do you go back home?

I think it's a mindset we need to have, this understanding that we are never truly without a place to return to. That we're not doing life alone, that even when we've made a mess of things, even when we've wandered farther than we intended, the road home is still there.

And this is where it gets even more beautiful for me. If my human coach could be a place I could always fall back to, despite my stubbornness, my mistakes, my refusal to grow, how much more God?

God, whose love is truly unconditional and boundless. God, who doesn't wait for you to get yourself together before you come home. God, who doesn't ask you to walk perfectly back to Him. If all you can do is crawl, crawl.

Ask the prodigal son, he didn't return home with a speech impressive enough to earn his place back, he just returned, rehearsing an apology, expecting to be treated like a servant. But his father saw him from afar and ran towards him.

Ran!!!!!

Before the apology, before the explanation, before the evidence that he had changed.

He was simply home.

And maybe that's what I need to remember more often. That sometimes, when I'm trapped, the answer isn't to figure everything out by myself. Sometimes the answer is simply to come home.

Dearest reader, if you find yourself stuck, lost, ashamed, or at the very bottom of yourself, please remember that you still have a home. 

You don't have to clean yourself up before you return, you don't have to have the right words, you don't even have to know how to walk. Crawl if you have to. Reach out your hand, come back to your Source. There is a God who is still home, and His arms are still open.






@favvy_Okwansđź–¤.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LESS THAN ONE.

TEAM WORK

"NOT ADMITTED"