...

The highlight of my day was finding out that a post I made months ago got 3,000 views on TikTok.

Now, quick backstory.

I had almost given up on showing up, and I had this conversation with someone I really looked up to. She made me do an exercise. She said, “You’re complaining about 100 views and 300 views? Go on Google and search for a picture of a room filled with 100 people.”

I did.

Then she said, “That’s how many people saw your post.”

She asked me to do the same for 300 people. I did, and she asked if I had 300 friends.

I said no.

And she said, “That’s 300 people you don’t know watching you.”

Factually, I knew this, I knew it wasn’t really about views, likes, or numbers, i knew visibility takes time. But honestly, I was exhausted.

So, it wasn’t until today that I finally had the courage to open my account, only to be met with the surprise of a 3k view.

For someone who had just been taught to appreciate the significance of 300 people viewing my post, seeing that 3,000 people had viewed a video, with some going further to like and even save it, was so epic. It almost brought me to tears.

But odeshi!!

If there’s something that stands out to me about this whole thing, it’s this:

It is 300 people, not 300 views.

When we shift our POV from seeing numbers as mere views to thinking about the actual people behind those numbers, it becomes a big deal.

I got a couple of, “It’s 3k views that’s making you this happy? Ordinary 3k?” No, darling.
It’s 3,000 people who saw me.

And that is worth being happy about.

Sometimes, just when you’re at the end of yourself, life gives you something small to hold on to. That’s exactly how this experience felt.

Dearest reader, have you ever been at the verge of giving up and then suddenly received what felt like a cushioning effect? It’s not it yet, but it’s something worth holding on to.






@favvy_Okwansđź–¤.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LESS THAN ONE.

TEAM WORK

"NOT ADMITTED"